Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chocolate-Stuffed Pumpkin Flaxseed Muffins


     Yeah I know. I basically already posted these, but these are CHOCOLATE-STUFFED! And my other pictures did NOT look appetizing so I remade them. I really don't post stuff that isn't baked... Hopefully that will change! I have a salad that I will be posting soon. I haven't really posted workouts and hopefully that will change! Today I actually did Blogilates. She has a YouTube channel, with tons of workouts! I personally love pilates. They don't really make you sweat {am I wrong for not liking to? Well I do but...} Pilates strengthen muscles like weight lifting but you use your body instead of weights. Anyway back to Blogilates. My friend actually introduced me to it! I can already feel it and it's not even tomorrow!

     These muffins... Like I already said {in previous post} they are amazingly moist! When you put the batter in the pan, don't be worried they'll come out like cardboard {hard}. Obviously, you don't have to make them mini, but you may need to adjust the baking time. Stuffing them with chocolate is a bit time consuming, so don't make them before you have 20 minutes to leave. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can use dark, or milk or even white if you don't care about the healthiness of them. I filled half the mini muffin tins with about 1 tsp. of batter and stuffed 3 chocolate chips in each muffin. You can add more if you wish. In the original recipe, I used 1/4 cup pure cane sugar and 1/4 cup honey. I didn't have any honey, so I used 1/2 cup sugar. The only difference is they weren't as moist, but still delicious! {Yes the crumb on my thumb is driving me nuts I wish I could change it!}


Chocolate-Stuffed Pumpkin Flaxseed Muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup pure cane sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cloves 
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup flaxseed
1 egg
1 cup plain greek yogurt
3 tbsp. oil {such as sunflower, olive, safflower, etc.}
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup water
chocolate chips for stuffing muffins

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Combine all wet ingredients. Fold wet mixture into dry mixture. {Make sure to just combine, because it overly combined it can produce a hard muffin.} Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with liners. Fill half of each mini muffin hole with about 1 tsp. batter. Stuff with 3 chocolate chips and cover with about 1 tsp. batter. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until done.




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment