Friday, February 28, 2014

Tips For Healthier Sandwiches

Tips For Healthier Sandwiches      


     I totally forgot I was supposed to write these posts! Okay every Friday I will try to put one on! Another thing that has been going through my mind is I would like to do a post everyday for a month on a different breakfast. It would never repeat. {Example: different kinds of oatmeal chocolate covered strawberry, pumpkin pie oatmeal etc..} It would be the same kind of dish like oatmeal only different flavors otherwise I might run out of ideas haha. Ok back to sandwiches. 

~Use 100% whole grain bread {preferably one with no ingredients you can't pronounce. We use Aunt Millie's Hearth 100% whole grain}
~If you can get it nitrite and nitrate free deli meat {I am not able to get this although I really wish I could. We don't have any health food stores in our town.}
~Use all natural peanut butter {I use Smuckers. You can also get organic}
~Use 100% fruit jam {Also Smuckers. All we can get is blackberry. It's made with fruit syrup instead of sugar. It only has 8 grams of sugar compared to about 15 grams in regular jam}
~Don't use mayo {It has a lot of calories, sugar, almost no protein, and loaded with sodium.}
~Mustard is calorie-free but has a lot of sodium use wisely!
~Eat open-faced sandwiches {This cuts calories and carbs if you're watching them}
~If making egg salad for a sandwich try plain Greek yogurt {Greek yogurt has zero fat {if fat-free}, is loaded with protein, only milk sugars.} 
~Add veggies {Always a great way to add vitamins!}


     Well these are my tips. I hope they are fairly accurate!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment