Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Peanut Butter Apple Pie Oatmeal {Clean, Vegan}


     I actually made this a little bit ago, it's just I keep forgetting to post it. When I was editing the pictures today I used some new features, and I have to say I like it! It's much more colorful! This cold has me down. I can't really go outside, let alone ride. I'm ready for summer to be here and school to be over with! I was watching some of my riding videos from last summer/fall and it kinda hurts to watch. I really need to practice this year if I ever want to be a good rider. I think I need to strengthen my abs to hold me up taller in the saddle so I don't have to hold on the cantle. My heels kept coming up, but that also has to do with my stirrups being too long. I may have mentioned I got a new saddle so that should fix that problem. Anywayyyyyy back to the oatmeal!


     I think I didn't cook it long enough because it was still pretty watery and chewy so make sure you cook it long enough! Next I highly recommend you use a tarter apple. I don't like red delicious, because well there is pretty much no flavor! Also you can make your own apple pie spice with different spices. I will give that recipe below. I don't think I put cardamom in it because we don't have any so I used cinnamon.


Peanut Butter Apple Pie Oatmeal

1/2 cup oats {raw}
1 cup water
dash of salt
1 tsp. apple pie spice
1/2 apple
1 tbsp. honey {or other liquid sweetner}
1 tbsp. peanut butter


     Cook oats in microwave or stovetop with water and salt, until completely done. {Oats do thicken slightly when cooled.} Once thickened add spices and honey. Chop apple and add it to oatmeal. Stir until combined. You may need to add more spice or honey to suit your taste. Garnish with additional apple spices and peanut butter.

 

Apple Pie Spice

1/2 tsp cinnamon 
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. cardamom



*I forgot where the original recipe came from. I changed it up, so I will call it my own.




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment