Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Frappuccino Oatmeal



      The weather here is sooooooo cold. It is in the negatives. Hopefully it will get warmer next week but until then I present to you..... Frappuccino Oatmeal!!!! I got my inspiration from Chocolate Covered Katie. All of her food looks amazing! Her photography skills are..... Incredible! Anyway she had a recipe for Frappuccino oatmeal. I didn't have any instant coffee so I had to make some adjustments.

      First of all, I cooked and soaked my oats in coffee. The next morning I added honey and dark chocolate pieces to my oatmeal, it is a match made in heaven! You could add coffee creamer, milk, maple syrup, white chocolate, etc. Oh by the way the stronger the coffee, the better. Unless you want your oatmeal just to taste like... well oatmeal. Soaking the oats overnight lets them absorb the rest of the water, it's a great reheat and eat breakfast!







Frappuccino Oatmeal
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup strong coffee
1/8 tsp. salt {optional}
1 tbsp. honey {or other sweetner of choice}
2 squares of chopped dark chocolate {get dairy free if allergic or vegan}

Mix oats, coffee, and salt in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until done. Refrigerate them overnight. Microwave them 1-2 minutes until completely warm. Add honey stir completely add dark chocolate pieces and microwave until melted.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment