Thursday, January 9, 2014

Banana Chocolate Quinoa {dairy-free, vegan, clean}

      As I was scrolling through pinterest last night I found this recipe. Banana Chocolate Quinoa, sounds good doesn't it? I gave it a try this morning. It's perfectly banana-y and chocolatey, the only problem is I don't really like bananas. Well, I LOVE the just yellow ones. Call me crazy, but I just don't like the smushy, overly brown, sweet ones. I don't usually like banana bread, muffins or any dessert that subbed eggs for bananas. Banana ice cream? Yuck! I'll stick to my strawberry or coffee. If I made this with greenish bananas I would probably like it better. But, that probably wouldn't work too well. I might try it next time with applesauce or pumpkin..... Anyway, if you do like ripe bananas, this recipe is for you! Overall it was a recipe that was really good! Like I said before, I will probably try it with applesauce.








     Also, I found there was too much almond milk and water. You can either omit the water or half the almond milk. I ended up having to drain milk off the quinoa.


     


Chocolate Banana Quinoa

1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup almond milk {read note above}
1/2 cup water {read note above}
dash of salt
1/2 banana {you might be able to use 1/3 cup of pumpkin or applesauce I haven't tried it yet}
2 tsp. honey or other liquid sweetner
2 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract


     Bring quinoa, salt, and your choice of liquid to a boil. Once boiling reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile mash banana and mix with cocoa powder, vanilla, and honey. Mix quinoa with chocolate mixture throughly. Serves 2





Original recipe from:





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment