Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Meal Plan Ideas + Tuna Cake Recipe!

     If any of y'all follow me on my Instagram, you might have seen today I posted about trying to create a meal plan that is affordable, but still healthy! I have *kinda* followed blogilates meal plan, but some of the stuff I don't really like. My goal is to spend $5o on groceries a week and the plan will feed 2 people! I can totally do this! Since I don't have a recipe to post enjoy these pics from my Instagram! If you haven't checked it out and followed please do!

 Displaying IMG_20140413_163253.jpg

I guess I do have a recipe! Super simple! 

Tuna Cakes
1 whole egg
1 pack of tuna (6 oz)
2 tbsp. flour (or oats)
1/4 cup mozzerella cheese

     Mix all ingredients together in small bowl. Shape into 6 patties. Spray skillet with olive oil. Add patties and cook each side on medium high heat, about 5 minutes. Enjoy! 

Note - The longer you cook the patties the milder they will be. You know how the taste of tuna is kinda... wild? Well cooking tuna takes that taste away. I prefer mine very mild, that's why my tuna cake is a little burnt.


This is turkey-avocado protein bowl! Only 4 ingredients! 

Turkey-Avocado Protein Bowl
1/4 avocado
1/2 cup black beans
4 0z. cooked ground turkey
1/2 cup rice uncooked

     Cook rice according to directions on package. Mix beans turkey and rice together. Add sliced avocado on top!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment